1.Application Guide & Form Download
- Maximum Enrollment：40 Students
- Admission Per Semester：Approximately 20 Students
To qualify for admission into JCLP, the Applicant must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- The Applicant has completed (or is expected to complete a month before entry into JCLP) a twelve-year curriculum of education in a foreign country, or one which is recognized by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as being of equivalent standard;
- The Applicant has completed (or is expected to complete a month before entry into the JCLP) a course of study, the curriculum of which is recognized by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as equivalent to that of a Japanese high school;
- The Applicant is of an age equivalent to that of a Japanese high school graduate, and is judged by Ryukoku university to be of equivalent scholastic ability or higher.
As for Japanese study, the Applicant must have fulfilled one of the following conditions at the point of application:
- The Applicant has studied Japanese for more than 300 hours.
- The Applicant has passed the N4 Grade of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
Applicants who have previously been enrolled in another Japanese language institution within Japan for a period of one year or longer (up to the day of their inauguration into JCLP) are not eligible to apply.
4.GUARANTORS AND FINANCIAL SPONSORS
In order to be admitted to the Ryukoku University JCLP, a Guarantor and a Financial Sponsor are necessary. The role of the Guarantor and the Financial Sponsor can be taken either by those who reside in Japan or in the Applicant's home country. In addition, the same person can act as the Guarantor and the Financial Sponsor.
- The Guarantor takes full responsibility for the student's activities during his/her entire period in Japan. A Guarantor who is also the Financial Sponsor is responsible for all expenses incurred. Furthermore, a Guarantor acts as a mentor, in order to ensure that the student is able to devote him/herself to study, does not break Japanese law or contravene Ryukoku University regulations, and does not take part in undesirable activities outside the scope of his/her study.
- ※FINANCIAL SPONSOR:
- The Financial Sponsor is responsible for all expenses incurred during the entire period of the student's stay in Japan.
Documents must arrive at the University within the time periods indicated below. This is an arrival deadline, not a postmark deadline.
SEPTEMBER ENTRY : 3 April 2023(Mon) − 5 May 2023(Fri)
APRIL ENTRY : 12 September 2023(Tues) − 29 September 2023(Fri)
6.HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be sent by post according to the following guidelines. All application materials must arrive by the last day of the application period.
|APPLICATIONS WITHIN JAPAN||Application documents must be sent by registered express mail "Kakitome Sokutatsu Yubin", to the address below.|
|APPLICATIONS FROM OVERSEAS||Application documents should be sent by the fastest and safest international mail service (such as EMS).|
- Ryukoku University Japanese Culture and Language Program
67 Tsukamoto-cho, Fukakusa, Fushimi-ku, KYOTO 612-8577 JAPAN
7.APPLICATION FEE ￥15,000
※ Application fees are not refundable for any reason.
|Payment from within Japan|
Payment from Within Japan
|Payment from Overseas|
Payment from Abroad
Affix the receipt of remittance (bearing the authorization of the bank at which the money was remitted), or a copy of that receipt, to the designated place on the application form.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
Kyotoekimae [TEL: (Japan 81) 75 371 2171]
- Bank Address
614 Higashi-Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma, Shiokoji-dori., Shimogyo-ku, KYOTO, JAPAN
- Bank Swift Code
BOTK JP JT
- Bank Number
- Account Type
- Account Number
- Account Name
Board of Trustees, Ryukoku University